Mar 11, 2012

More vegan delights on the Bayou

I whipped this bad boy up this morning and I thought I would go ahead and share the recipe quickly. I've got some studying to do folks so I have to get to it!

Once again, I'm not vegan, I'm actually a pescatarian, which means I eat seafood and no other animal protein, so I don't usually cut out all animal byproducts (which means butter, honey, yogurt, etc.) but I got creative this morning and put this vegan delight together.

Here's the recipe because I love you all.


Also, a customer of mine at the coffee shop told me about this vegan blog "Vegan Crunk: Eatin' Vegan in the Dirty South" so I'll be following her too to continue building my knowledge on how to convert Southern Louisiana cooking into vegan-friendly versions.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 container strawberries
2 cups water (or soymilk, almond milk, rice milk)
1/2 cup rolled oats, cook slightly in bot on stove as directed
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
vanilla extract, to taste (optional)
2 Tbs. maple syrup (optional)
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)


Directions:
Mix together all ingredients, leaving some lumps in the batter.
Cook on a waffle iron, according to the manufacturer’s instructions (Note: The batter also works for pancakes).
Top with fresh fruit and some syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment