Jan 31, 2014

Foodie Friday | I LOVE Greek Yogurt

 FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS SANDWICH FOLKS. I know, YOU. CAN'T. LOOK. AWAY.

Pancetta BLT+ avocado on whole wheat bread w/ a basil Greek yogurt dressing

I've been using Greek yogurt in a lot of different recipes lately: quiches, casseroles, soups, dressings and sauces. It's pretty much been my go-to substitute for anything that involves mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, and in some cases half-n'- half or heavy whipping cream.

It's really versatile because of its mild flavor and smooth, creamy consistency. Not to mention, it's
–100 calories per 6 oz serving (hellooo calorie saver!)
–packed with protein (perfect if you're trying to up your protein w/o the fat from most meats)
–good for your digestion because of the probiotics (having tummy trouble lately? this is a good start)

So to get you started, here's a few recipes that I've used Greek yogurt with:
This should get you through a busy week just fine. :) And now you have no other reason not to try out Greek yogurt in your cooking. And let me know what you think!

Ciao y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment