Dec 28, 2011

My first Christmas on the Bayou

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope your Christmas was good. These past few days have been filled with so much fun and family I couldn't have asked for a better time, except of course if my Kansas family were closer. However, my mom is coming for a visit in January so that will tide me over for a bit. 

Merry Christmas from Pat O'Brien's! I went out Christmas night with Kyle's cousin Marissa and two of her friends. Wow did we have a gooood time. I've never been out on Christmas night before, but apparently in New Orleans it's a bigger than usual night to go out! We started our night at Pat O's and it was the perfect place. You're always guaranteed a good time there folks. 

Oh, and I also got a picture with Evander Holyfield. Yah, random right? But he was out and ya'll know I took advantage of that photo pop! And for all my friends that don't know, he's a 5 time heavyweight champion!















Kyle and I went to the bonfires in Gramercy on Christmas Eve. It's a big tradition there that's been going on for years. It was a wee bit hot! Read about the tradition here. Louisiana's Living Traditions

"If there was a specific practical purpose for these bonfires (other than celebratory), it seems to have been forgotten; however, there are a number of explanations one will hear regarding the origin of the practice of building and lighting them. One of the most popular today is that they are to "light the way for Papa Noel." The light from the fires assures that Santa will be able to find his way to the homes of the good girls and boys of Saint James parish."


Kyle gave me my Christmas present early this year. He gave me the other side of my ring! What a guy :). 

The day after Christmas we went down to the French Quarter to watch the Saints play the Falcons on Monday Night Football. Well, you all know how that went. What a game. Dew Brees broke Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season and no other NFL QB will likely break that record in 20+ years. Here's a few from that night. 

I'll see you all again after the New Year. Cheers!



Jess and I sporting the numbers of some of the big
players of the  night

No comments:

Post a Comment