May 16, 2012

Gratitude check: The people that helped me through this semester

I successfully completed another semester of grad school. I now have half of a master's degree. What?! How did that happen?? I'll tell you, not without a lot of support from a number of remarkable people that deserve recognition.

1. My husband, Kyle. He supported me this entire time by working his butt off so I don't have to work while I'm in school and loving me despite my frequent hovering on the brink of absolute sanity and a complete and total breakdown for the last nine months. The man is simply AMAZING.

2. My mother, Carla. She rode the emotional roller coaster ride this past year with me through every unexpected turn and plummet I took. Again, I emphasize I don't know how she's not in the nut house after what I've put her through.

3. My grad school pals. Without someone to commiserate with through all of this, I just don't know how I would have made it. I've made some remarkable friends in the program that will be my friends for the rest of my life. I am grateful for you all.

Each of these people mean so much to me and played a huge role in this journey. I love you all.

Now, I am happy to report that after the academic year I just had, I'm going to spend my time reading trashy paranormal romance novels (Sookie Stackhouse series for the next few weeks), serving the finest coffee in Baton Rouge and building my football game day dress collection for next fall. Yep, it's going to be a good summer.

I'll be back on a much more frequent posting schedule as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment