Jun 16, 2012

A Baton Rouge Gem: Where meat lovers and vegans eat happily ever after

You all remember that I'm a practicing vegetarian living on the Bayou so I'm regularly on pursuit for places that are vegetarian friendly - vegan-friendly restaurants or even menu items are a rarity 'round these parts.

BUT, there's a new kid in town that I'm happy to announce both meat lovers and vegans can go for a hearty, healthy lunch with many other healthy and delightful dessert options to choose from.

Welcome to the neighborhood Magpie Cafe.

Here's a pic of the lunch I had from there a few weeks ago.


This is a grilled portabello mushroom panini with herb goat cheese, a side of mixed greens tossed in a light vinaigrette and a cup of vegan lentil soup. DELISH. I highly recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment