Oct 7, 2012

Restaurant review: Del Porto in Covington, LA.

Kyle and I have lived apart going on four months now. Originally, we said that we would plan to visit each other - whether I went to Biloxi or he came to Baton Rouge - at least twice a month.

Weeeell, after the first month, we realized we just didn't want to wait even two short weeks. We missed the comfort and companionship that we provided one another and sometimes we longed just to hold hands or touch feet while we slept. It has been tough to say the least. So, we pretty much have seen one another every weekend since he moved around the end of June.

For the past few months, I have either driven to Biloxi or we met up in New Orleans at his parents place. Since school started, I just don't have the time to drive all the way to New Orleans, and I definitely don't have the time to spend four days in Biloxi every other week. So, we started meeting up in Covington for dinner - a convenient hour drive or both of us. 

Y'all remember when I told you about Jazz'n in the Vines at Pontchartrain Vineyards a few weeks back? Well, while we were making our way there, we drove through Covington's central business district. My eyes widened with excitement as I saw different retail stores, restaurants and bars just begging me to come explore. 

I remembered seeing this restaurant on a corner as we passed through and I made a mental note.

This past Friday, Kyle and I met up in Covington and I told him to just Google downtown Covington, because that's what I did, and I would try to find this place by memory. I am a little - eh - A LOT directionally challenged so that made Kyle a taaad nervous, but he complied and fortunately my memory served me well and I found the place! Del Porto Ristorante

I don't have enough nice things to say about this place. It was DI - VINE. The wait staff was attentive but not annoying. The ambiance picture perfect. I mean it was such an amazing fall evening I couldn't have asked for better weather and the drinks and food were all DI - LIC - IOUS.  

Kyle and I will definitely go back. I highly recommend this place for date night. 

                                                

Ciao Bella!


No comments:

Post a Comment