Jan 13, 2013

Sookie Stackhouse and the first day of my last semester

Tomorrow is my last first day of grad school. I spent the remainder days of break finishing the second to last book in Charlaine Harris' vampire Southern novel series and vegging out in Biloxi.

If you have not experienced the exciting and vivid world that she so charmingly invites you into, I suggest you join the rest of her fan club and indulge yourself. Although I am an incredibly imaginative person and reading a book is like watching a movie for me, her amount of detail and description makes it easy for the pages to come to life in front of your eyes.

While I am also an avid watcher of the Trueblood television series based off the books, and I don't particularly care whether a TV series follows a book page by page, I will say that the show leaves a lot to be desired after reading her work. Good thing Eric, Alcide and Bill are just too good not to look at ;).


Well, I have her latest book to finish, but I don't plan on rewarding myself with that read any time too soon because tomorrow it is full speed ahead into the next four months of what I hope to be my best academic performance in grad school yet. I hope that my professional experience and the last year and a half of honing my skills and developing new ones will shine and my professors, committee members and the Manship School will be proud to have me as an alumna. Because despite how difficult of a personal growth and learning experience this has been for me including the tears and sweat I've expensed AND all the times I wanted to give up, I haven't. And I won't now.

No comments:

Post a Comment