Dec 31, 2013

2013... It wasn't paradise

These last 12 months were not my favorite of all those I've enjoyed in my 20s. BUT, the time most definitely taught me a lot about attitude and perseverance. 

No matter how much I try to glean from my past experiences, I've never felt prepared for the next greater challenges to come. What my adversities have taught me is the wisdom to not repeat some of the choices I've made, e.g. live apart from my husband for a year, and NOT drive down a road right next to a beach below sea level during a torrential downpour or you're likely to flood your car out (yah, THAT HAPPENED, in August). Had to replace my entire engine. During these difficult times, I often cried, screamed out loud, sighed, and eventually I moved on. 

I didn't always handle myself well and a lot of it was due to my attitude and how I perceived my situation. That's on me. My biggest take away from 2013 is knowing that inevitably more stressors lie ahead, and so I resolve to rejoice in the moments that my world doesn't feel upside down. For that life lesson, I am grateful.  

Here's a video recap of 2013!

I'll be the BIG 30 in 2014. Buhbye 20s. They were certainly some of the most transitional and transformational years, and I guess they're suppose to be. I have a lot to be proud of and have definitely become more resilient as an individual. 

So here's a toast to 2014 marking the beginning of my 30s, and what I'm looking forward to in whatever order they come:
  • Planting our roots in Louisiana so I can finally feel at home and establish a sense of place and purpose
  • Finding a job that where I can make a positive contribution to my community
AND
  • Starting a family!
What are you out to achieve in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment