Dec 20, 2013

Foodie Friday | Farmers' market treasures!

From the Biloxi Farmers Market on Tues/Thurs
I absolutely love going to farmers' markets in different cities. Some are better than others. When we lived in Jacksonville, FL, they had an arts and farmers market that was absolutely fabulous. Biloxi has one that isn't bad either. In fact, I've found a couple of things there that I've not been able to find anywhere else, including duck and quail eggs, and milk straight from the farm! 

In this photo I've purchased 3 ribeye steaks, butter and milk from Country Girl's Creamery based out of Lumberton, MS. I pretty much buy these 3 items every week and they are extremely reasonable in price. I think I paid $24 for them? Also, this is by far some of the best milk and meat that Kyle and I have ever had! SERIOUSLY. Even from fine dining establishments (with the meat). I actually gave up drinking milk a few years ago and switched to almond because I was having some digestive issues with cow's milk, but once I tasted Country girl's milk for the first time I guess you could say I fell off the wagon. But, I haven't had any issues since drinking it, and I imagine that's due to the lack of pasteurization and processing, which store bought milks go through. 

I also purchased granola and jelly, which were a little more expensive then the store bought brands this size, but I like knowing that my jelly was made with fruit and sugar and none of the other preservative stuff I can't pronounce!

No comments:

Post a Comment