Apr 25, 2013

Looking forward to the little things

I have one more week of class and my assistantship before my two-year grad school journey comes to and end. May is going to be a very very busy month and I have several fun and exciting events to look forward to.

The second weekend in May... I'm going to spend in Biloxi with Kyle and likely sign a lease to an apartment in this restored 1920s stucco house just across the street from the beach! We tried looking for a house to buy, but nothing felt right. I'll post pics of that after I visit. But here's a view from the house.

Can you just imagine waking up and seeing that view everyday and being
that close to the sand. Aaaah, I can just feel myself soaking up the sun now.
The third weekend in May... is GRADUATION! I can't believe it's actually happening... My parents and Aunt Julie are coming for the big day and then we're taking a trip to Orange Beach, AL to celebrate. Kyle and I will also be celebrating our third wedding anniversary as well. Lord, where has time gone?!

We had four days of absolute AMAZING weather. I can only hope that we will
have that same luck again so we can enjoy being outside together and relaxing. 
The fourth weekend in May... is the Memorial holiday and a few friends from Kansas are flying into Nola with their husbands. I've not seen these girls in five years. That will be one crazy reunion. I will also get to spend some time with a couple grad school pals–Kristin, who is visiting from Washington, and Mia–before I make the move to Biloxi the following and final week of May.

This was from a white trash-themed party I had at my house in May 2012. 
I'm trying not to get too worked up about the big transition and many changes coming. The last week of May is going to entail A LOT of packing and the house in disarray as I get things ready to haul.

I'm starting to feel that bittersweet sense of nostalgia creeping up as this chapter in my life comes to a close. I want to stay positive and focus on all the entertainment coming up, but I can't help thinking of what I'm going to miss and what's ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment