May 21, 2013

Weekend rewind: As one door closes, another one opens before you.

I've returned from a long weekend at the beach with my parents and Kyle where we celebrated my graduation and relaxed before the next two weeks consist of sheer madness with packing for the move to Biloxi.

Graduation was surreal. It still feels like I'm coming back in the fall for another semester. The ceremony lasted just long enough, and we had a great speaker, CNN news anchor Don Lemon. I got to celebrate with my friends and family afterward that have helped me survive the last two years and made me feel right at home in Baton Rouge. We had a wonderful time playing games, cracking jokes and tossing back a few drinks.

I didn't take as many pictures as I'd liked to because the day just seemed to soar by, and I think I'm just bad at remembering. But here's one of me and my friends Kate and Stephanie.

These girls have really been a huge help to me and I'm so glad we became such good friends. 
Oh, and I almost forgot. After the graduation ceremony and my party, my mom and I did a painting and pinot class together. I love doing these because they're incredibly therapeutic, and I get to create fun funky art for my house. Whoo. I look worn out from the day!

This has been such a difficult and rewarding last two years, but I am both excited and nervous for what the future holds. Kyle and I have always set and met very large goals for our life together and I know we will continue to achieve great things as we move forward, but for the first time in seven years, I do not know what's next. I asked Kyle this question while at the beach and he said, "let's just chill." I don't know if it was the ocean air getting to him at the time but it sounded nice.

On that note, tomorrow is our third wedding anniversary. I am so grateful to have Kyle by my side, to hold my hand and navigate life.







No comments:

Post a Comment