Jul 21, 2013

Foodie Friday| restaurant review

OK, I know I've missed Friday by a couple of days, but better late than never :). Kyle and I took an afternoon trip to Mobile, AL, and had the most fantastic and affordable lunch at this quaint cafe that I just had to share it will you all.

Mobile is a neat little city that offers a lot. Kyle and I had planned to go to Nola for the day but due to time constraints we couldn't make it. So instead, we drove the 50 mins to Mobile's downtown and ate at Cafe 615. We received the recommendation from Kyle's cousins who live there, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the food, service, ambiance AND price.


We were greeted by a very nice and personably bartender who complimented us me ;) and sat us right away. We opened the menu and the first page was an insert for the Friday special: filet medallions or a New York strip with salad, baked potato and asparagus for $19.99.

Since Kyle and I both felt a little lethargic from our previous date night outing, we agreed that a hearty meal was what we needed to recover. We also ordered from their small plate options and chose the fried green tomatoes with lump crabmeat smothered in a marsala cream sauce. Hooooweeee.

Everything was DELICIOUS. We both drank a couple of beers and the total was less than $50. Yes, I realize that's a little pricey for a lunch, but this wasn't your stand in line and grab a poboy type of place either.

We will definitely go back again!

Friend green tomatoes with lump crab meat and a marsala cream sauce
= HEAVEN ON A PLATE

No comments:

Post a Comment