Sep 22, 2013

Life's a beach.

It has been way too long since my last post. Two months to be exact. Time goes by so much faster as an adult, you blink and weeks turn into months. That cliche has been ever more real in my life lately and thus my absence. I am so grateful, thought, to report that my time away was spent having a great time and filled with exciting adventures.

I'll admit that I was not entirely thrilled to move to the MS Gulf Coast; I left a lot of really great people and environment in Baton Rouge just to start all over again. But in the last several weeks I've made really great progress in altering my attitude and perception of my surroundings.

These pics were taken on my birthday weekend--the last of my 20s :(-- Kyle and I went to Dolphin Island (just a little over an hour drive from Biloxi) and then to New Orleans for a night of dinner
drinks and dancing at a few of my fav places: Cochon, The Ugly Dog Saloon, Cafe Degas, Dos Jefes Cigar Bar and Hotel Monteleone Carousel bar. It was pretty much the perfect weekend, before I started my new big girl job, since graduation in May, on my actual birthday–Aug. 12!
I've also made some friends here and discovered a few places that make me feel like I'm building a community here. So my summer break zoomed by, I celebrated the last of my 20s, got a job and now its Fall and football season. Life is feeling pretty good and back to normal now that Kyle and I are living together again. I can't wait to show you all some of awesome DIY projects I've done to make the house we're renting feel like home.

So, lots more to come and I promise on a much more frequent basis as I get to know this area and the people here better.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment